Harwoods, Pines, Cutover, Pastures, Big Hills, Spring creeks, and food plots galore.
2 Bunkhouses, 2 Full bathrooms, Full kitchen, RV Electrical hook ups, cleaning station, 25 plus box stands for all members to use.
Immediate family membership included in price ( wife, son, daughter etc. )
19. We must get along with and respect other adjoining clubs and property owners adjacent to our club lands. This will help prevent destruction, theft and poaching on our club lands just for spite. This could possibly give us other opportunities to lease some other lands other than we have already.( It has. )
20.Harassment of wildlife will not be tolerated. Examples: Spotlighting, chasing or scaring.
No baiting or feeding of any kind will be allowed after Sept 10th 2016. i.e. corn, protein feeds, grains or potatoes or as per state regulations. SEE State rules and Regulations. Except the club will have dedicated spots near strategic locations near some box stands in geographic areas across all of the properties. These baiting stations will be kept legal as per state rules and will be marked with orange flagging warning you to not hunt within 100 yards of the bait stations. These will be used to keep the deer on our lands that may be being pulled onto surrounding lands because of their baiting habits. This along with planted food plots should help hold more deer on our lands.
21.Secondary members 14 years of age or younger must hunt in the same area with the primary members. No one under the age of 12 may hunt by themselves. One membership may not take up more than 2 areas at one time or no more than 2 box stands at a time. Unless there are not many hunters expected in camp. Ask an officer for a ruling.
22. No guests the first gun season. Youth guests will be allowed youth season but they must follow the guest harvest restrictions.
23. Guests will be required to pay a $10.00 a day guest fee and a $15.00 harvest fee if a deer is taken.
24. Guests are your responsibility if they break a rule you will be fined and or penalized.
25. All guests must sign a waiver before they step foot onto any hunting property.
26. One paid Membership will be on a limited bag limit. All local, state and federal rules, regulations and bag limits will also apply. You will be allowed 3 buck deer and 3 does per paid membership. Your paid membership will be allowed 1 state legal buck ( subject to state rules ) during the first archery season only and 1 extra doe during the first archery season or the 1 week youth only season. All other bucks taken the first archery season must meet 2 of the 3 requirements or better unless taken on state legal land areas 19-24. If a primary member or a secondary member has never harvested a buck deer before, please let the officers know ASAP so we can allow you to harvest a state legal buck or greater in seasons other than the first archery season.
27. For clarification: Your paid membership gets 3 bucks and 3 does plus you get 1 additional doe during the 1st archery season or the 1 week youth only season, so 7 deer maximum.
28. Buck Requirements on Trophy Managed Lands: 2 of 3 of three requirements must be met. Requirements are 1. 14” wide inside spread 2. 16” main beams 3. At least 4oints on one side
29. Guests may only harvest bucks that meet 2 of the 3 requirements on Trophy Managed Lands
30. Only primary members or secondary members deemed to have never harvested a trophy buck deer before can harvest a buck below Trophy requirements on Trophy Managed Lands with the exception of by law # 27 ( the first archery season ) but must be within state regulations. This must be approved by the Club President.
31. Any Doe’s harvested must be mature animals ( 65 # or better in weight ) to prevent the killing of young bucks without antlers. There will be a $75.00 penalty for any deer harvested below 65 #’s and a hunting time penalty.
32. According to the state laws youth may harvest any deer without spots. Our camp rules will be, if a youth has not harvested a buck before they can harvest anything 65 # or larger, with any horns or no horns. If a secondary member 18 years old or younger has harvested an 8 point buck, trophy buck ( determined by the club President ) or larger before on our club lands they are on the same buck requirements as the primary member on Trophy Lands.
33. Youth hunting is described as the youth holding, controlling and shooting the gun as per our rules. There will not be an adult holding the gun and letting the youth pull the trigger. That is not what youth hunting is about.
34. Any illegal bucks, example: button bucks (with visible antlers above the natural hairline as per state regulations), or club illegally harvested bucks will be a $75.00 penalty and a hunting time penalty for the first offense in the 2016 – 2017 season and if there is a second offense in the same 2016-2017 season, membership to the Spring Hill Hunting Club your membership will be revoked and your membership dues will be forfeited. Multiple offenses in no certain amount of years, can be subject to revocation of membership and forfeit membership dues by vote of the officers.
35. Any severely disfigured racked buck or severely wounded deer is encouraged to be taken. Severely wounded means open wound that would mean loss of limb or life. This will however be considered as one of your harvested deer (counted as a buck or doe, whichever you deem) and will count towards your yearly limit of deer. This will not take away from one of your buck deer unless you deem it to do so.
36. Any fines, dues or penalties that are owed the club must be paid in full before you can hunt the next time you come down.
37. No nails or screws will be allowed into trees. Screw in steps will be allowed. Box type stands cannot block a right of way, fire lane or road at any time.
38. There will be no new box type stands, tower stands etc that are not portable in nature placed or moved on the hunting property after Friday Sept 23rd 2016. This will help hold down un-necessary traffic during hunting season.
39. Hunting areas will be drawn from the hat for opening weekend of gun season. Once the full membership is paid. Swapping will be permitted. Secondary members must hunt the same stand area with the primary member on these deemed dates.
40. Youth hunts are recognized but youth must hunt in the stand area that the primary member drew for opening day of season. This will keep it fair for all members to have an even chance at being the first to hunt a spot for the year with a firearm. SEE BYLAW # 52
41. To keep traffic down in your opening weekend drawn area. From the dates of November 4th 2016 thru November 18th 2016 you may only scout or hunt in the area you have drawn for opening weekend. Unless another Member gives you permission to go in their area.
42. Every paid membership will be responsible for placing or providing one useable deer stand for the area that they draw for the opening day. They must be marked with blue paint and marked on the sign in board map with a blue pin as to the location. We will also want you to mark a trail in blue engineer tape from the trail to the stand. These stands will be considered club use stands and they will need to remain in the same spot for the year within reason. You will still own the stand though.
43. You must sign in all deer, weigh, and measure, take a photo and pull jawbones of all deer.
44. If you plan on hunting a particular area multiple days in the same weekend and any member would like to hunt the same areas, for fairness the times the areas can be used should be divided between the parties. But, common courtesy is expected and no arguments. One person has as much right to an area as another. Within reason. Except for the Nov 4th thru Nov 18th. By law #42.
45. Walking around excessively is not recommended and especially if you do not know the area and possibly could mess up someone else’s hunt.
46. All scouting must be done between the hours of 10:00am and 2:00pm after bow season starts but, no scouting in areas that other hunters are signed in on or will be hunting on that day. No scouting during youth week.
47. You must sign in and out of the hunting camp and hunting property as well and place your tack in the area you are hunting in. You can, sign for an area for the whole day, first come first serve.
48. You must check the sign in sheets and try to not have to ride right by a stand that someone is already in before daylight or before sunset. If you are running late into an area please select an area to hunt that will not disturb someone else’s hunt, especially if you need to come out early.
49. We will NOT be recognizing the state’s first Primitive Weapon Season with a firearm but you can use a crossbow as state law allows and it is antlerless only.
50. We will NOT be recognizing the 2 week youth season this season. Youth week will be Saturday 12th – Friday Nov 18th and will be in your drawn designated areas on refer to By law# 42.
51. New youth squirrel hunt will be as per state rules for the first 2 days only on youth squirrel season approximate dates Sep 17th & Sep 18th ONLY. Youth Guests are allowed and encouraged to attend. 22 calibers or 20 gauge shotguns or smaller only to keep the gun noise down. Subject to state dates release.
52. Members that spend a lot of extra time at the camp during the summer or spend most of the deer season at camp may be asked to chip in some extra money towards the electricity bills. Please if you turn on a heater or air conditioner, make sure to turn it off when not needed or before you leave the camp. We spend a small fortune on electricity bills.
53. This club was designed with the future of our hunting in mind. We have the chance to have a quality deer herd, let’s please take advantage of this opportunity so we can enjoy it for years to come.
54. NO DOGS INSIDE of the Main Camp area ( the common area around the fire pit, grills, picnic tables, covered porches etc. If your cabin or trailer is in the main common area of camp your dogs will need to be chained up on the back side of your building. When possible clean up after your dogs.
55. Have Fun!!